Thursday, May 17, 2007

Steppin' Up




This past Sunday was my first time playing guitar and leading worship at the same time. It was so much fun and it felt so amazing.
There was a change in the atmosphere of worship. I think the Lord was free to move in a different way. I've mentioned before in one of our practices that if we want a change in our worship life, we've got to worship in a different way. Simple logic, huh? But so many people don't realize that. We've been working on changing our way of leading worship-the types of songs, the intensity of worship, etc. because we want to see God move in a new and mighty way. I know we must be on to something. There's a change going on in the spiritual world. And when they change in the spiritual, they soon change in the physical. And the enemy knows and hates that!
The Wednesday before, I had a sore throat and a terrible cough that had me in excruciating pain. So Thursday I went to the doctor and found I had a respiratory virus that would just have to take it's toll. On top of that, I had lost my voice. Coincidence? I don't think so! Well, Thursday night came and we had our practice and I didn't know if I was going to be able to lead worship that week. Let me just say that MY God sustained me. Not only did He get me through it, He "showed up and showed off".
I strained my voice because of it, but God is faithful and He's still in the healing business so I'm believing He's going to restore me. But I know that God's doing something in the area of worship at New Heights Assembly and I'm glad to have front row seats when the roof comes off!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

and I bet you anything you made your wife so proud :)